If you have been directed to this page, you will be aware that we are organising a protest in Leeds City Centre on the 28th October over concerns about the new contract for junior doctors. If you've come through the Facebook page (link), you'll know what we have planned.
In summary, it'll be a peaceful protest with the aim of raising awareness over concerns with the new contract relating to patient safety and fairness. We will also be showing our support for the BMA in any potential future negotiations.
We will hopefully be able to draw on some funds from the London protest, but will incur some moderate costs including:
- Hiring a PA system for the public speakers to use
- Three gazebos and some tables
- Hiring a professional photographer
- Creating material for distribution to the public
- Catering costs for those attending including tea and coffee and a huge themed cake!
- 2000 tea lights
- Boarding costs for the Harry Leslie Smith (one of our speakers)
- Possible screen and projector (this may be covered elsewhere)
We are asking for a small contribution to what is a modest target. We'd prefer to avoid any very large donations. Ideally everyone attending will have contributed. So, from each according to their ability i.e whatever you can manage. Suggested amounts:
Students (and everyone else): £1
F1 & F2: £2
Any surplus will be donated to Leeds Medics’ Charities (hospice provision in Yorkshire).