On Sunday November 12th a powerful earthquake of magnitude 7.3 on the Richter scale shook west of Iran. This is worse than the powerful September quake in Mexico. A 7.3 is forceful enough to destroy whole buildings or rip off their facades.
More than 530 people have been killed till now, over 6700 have been injured and more than 70,000 people made homeless. About 1500 buildings, including homes, hospitals and schools have either been destroyed or severely damaged. These figures are expected increase considerably as rescue teams make their way through the collapsed structures, with the expected death toll already in the thousands.
The images and testimonies of people affected by this disaster are heart wrenching as families have lost their homes and many loved ones.
Hundreds of Iranian students in the United Kingdom, have come together to raise funds for their country as it faces this arduous humanitarian challenge. We are asking you to join in and help contribute with our cause #SOSkermanshah.
All donations will be directed to increase the capacity of emergency teams deployed in affected areas. These funds will assist to provide vital aid to people in need, and hopefully, return some peace into their lives. These people need your help, and they need it promptly. Please help us relief their tragedy. Every single contribution counts and will make a difference in the lives of the affected families.
Help us stand up for our country. Be part of #SOSkermanshah. This is an official initiative run by students in different universities in the UK. #SOS kermanshah does not have any political affiliation. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on how the money will be used to help the victims of this tragedy:
1. We are a group of overseas students from IRAN
2. Due to this disaster we have decided to organize and send some help to the victims.
3. We are looking to create a chain of students in universities all over UK. Therefore we are recruiting student ambassadors and encouraging people to join us in our endeavour.
4. We are also encouraging charity organisations to help us with the distribution and monitoring the funds we are gathering.
5. The funds are already monitored through crowdfunder and the Stripe Company which we are using for our gateway and the pledged amounts will not be release unless they are going towards a good cause.
Here are a list of our coordinators in different universities feel free to contact any of us with your questions or concerns.
|Sheyda Shahriari||Brunel Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Babak Rahi||Brunel Universityemail@example.com|
|Sahand Shahriari||University of Buckinghamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mehran Mozooni||University of Brighton||M.Mozooni1@uni.brighton.ac.uk|
|Bita Fair||Bournemouth University||Bfair@bournemouth.ac.uk|
|Mohammad Farhoudi||Kings College London||Mohammad.email@example.com|
|Nima Maleki||Brunel Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|