The primary objective is to create a centre of International Engineering Excellence in Aberdeenshire. The current downturn in the Energy Industry is leaving a gap that will damage generations to come. Help us diversify the local economy of Aberdeenshire.
At the IE-Link Inverurie, we are focused on enabling pathways for highly focused engineers in vocational & research disciplines to grow their careers and research areas Internationally. Sustainable, Reliable and Innovative Engineers are the lifeblood of our local economy - Farming, Fishing, Energy, Manufacturing, Construction and Infrastructure.
Engineering jobs can look dramatically different depending on what post you have and what discipline you’re in. With the ever expanding global market, the need for motivated engineers to grow their international skills sets has never been greater. Engineering is a great option for engineering apprentices, workers and graduates who want to apply their practical , scientific and technical knowledge to practical tasks such as improving and developing tangible products and processes.
Areas we cover:
Welding, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Engineering Geotechnics to name a few. Namely, we are here to fill the gap that is now opening up between the Oil& Gas Industry downturn and the new technology Innovation boom, and get people access to the International scene.
Diversify the Aberdeenshire and Grampian Economy, Internationalise People, Deliver Sustainable Employment in Engineering
Our role at IE-Link is to provide in-depth support and training for engineering careers and research futures. Through our services & guidance, we cultivate strong, lasting relationships with the top companies & universities in engineering in order to pass those networks onto candidates and innovative engineers alike. Take our initiative for International Welding for example - we will be linking students, apprentices and workers with working welders in the UK, US, Canada & Austria to share expertise on the difference in safety regulations, advanced techniques and working practices. We are in building links with Technical schools in Austria and Harbour based companies in Aberdeen and New Foundland.
We provide the necessary learning and guidance that young engineers need to navigate the challenges of career development in Europe & Internationally. It's not just the standard issue of how to write a cv, or write a motivation letter that counts. Being coached early in your engineering life on which direction will lead to meaningful employment is just as critical. Interview skills can be learnt along the way with the right mentoring and opportunities. Often that first project presentation serves as a base for success!
So if you're willing to create, innovate and ensure a future for our engineers in Aberdeenshire & the UK - let us go and Engineer, Internationally!
How will we spend your Investment :
1) Develop basic Training Centre in Inverurie and Employ local people for Teaching, Coordination and Administrative roles
2) Justify business plan to Investors and Government Engineering bodies to grow an International Centre of Excellence
3) Create an Engineering Hub for Start-Ups in Welding, Electrical Engineering, Teaching, Safety and Manufacturing
4) Commence creation of a Non-Profit Arm to enable fully certified Apprenticeships in Engineering for Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and International Partnerships.
5) Source work experience placements in the UK, US, Canada and Europe.
6) Set up the future - we aim to build 4 Centres in the UK - One in Aberdeenshire, one on the Clyde, one on the Tyne and one in Liverpool to link the Engineers and revitalise the Steel, Manufacturing and Shipping economies through our initiative. A plan that will unite the efforts of Scottish Enterprise and the Northern Powerhouse.
WHY ARE WE DOING IT - WELL IN SEPTEMBER 2016 - I WAS APPALLED THAT LOCAL COMPANYS WERE NOT ABLE TO OFFER A YOUNG ENGINEERING APPRENTICE AN INTERNSHIP WHEN HE WAS OFFERING HIS TIME FOR FREE. SECONDLY, I HAVE LIVED IN INVERURIE SINCE 2004 AND HAVE SEEN COMPANIES LIKE VERSATILE STEEL DISAPPEAR, AND YET THESE COMPANIES AND SKILL SETS ARE WHAT THE REGIONS AND THE UK ECONOMY NEEDS TO SURVIVE. PLUS IT IS OVERDUE THAT WE IN THE REGION HAVE BECOME SOLELY RELIANT ON PURELY OIL & GAS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES.