For the past three years, a bunch of almost bonkers and largely unfunded volunteers has put on The Hereford River Carnival and drawn crowds of up to 15,000 people to our free to enter the event.
This year promises to be even bigger and better:-
- We already have around 20 organizations promising to put floats and boats on the water,
- Street Carnival through high town - channel your inner Mythical Beast - Mermaid or Minotaur
- Noztock are bringing their music to Castle Green,
- Music Pool Tent on Bishops' Meadow
- Underground Revolution Stage at The Left Bank
- Foodie Village featuring A Rule of Tum, Williams and Hughes Cider, Mr Tudge Sausages, Old Granary Pierogi and Method Roastery Coffee to name a few.
- Mass synchronized paper airplane fly-past,
- Fun Dog Show
- Maypole Dancing
- Strictly Hereford Dance Tent
- Circus Skills, face painting, and drumming workshops
- Sports area with taster sessions for all kinds of activities,
- Wild swim,
- Rotary Club - Duck Race
- Friday night Spectacular - all new performance that will see The Mythical Beasts on The Mappa Mundi set free from the Cathedral over Hereford's Old Bridge and onto Bishop's Meadow for music, food, drink and a fire garden while a torch lit flotilla of mythical beasts processes down the Wye.
We don't charge anything for all of this. We are totally reliant on donations on the day and any grants and sponsorship we can drum up. But it's getting harder and harder and more and more people are coming.
So would you consider making a donation? Just £1 from everyone who comes would make an enormous difference.
We need to raise about £30,000 in total. So please give generously so that the Mayor doesn't have to drag the floats upstream again this year. With your help, we'll have a pontoon upstream to set the floats off from. We now have generous sponsorship and help from local organisations and now need to raise less than £20,000.
And that doesn't allow for any marketing costs, printing posters or leaflets, or any of the activities on Friday Night. So please give and share and come on Friday and Saturday for a great party in, on and around the River Wye.