New stretch target
£15000 will cover the costs of the entire shop refit and will mean we can open our next shop even sooner than planned. Woo hoo!
Next month the Dr Hadwen Trust will open its first charity shop in Hitchin in Hertfordshire! We need your help to help us make history and kit out the shop. Not local? Fear not, supporting our first shop will mean we can open a shop in your town even sooner.
You can pledge anything from £1 (which will buy 5 coat hangers) to £400 (which means your name will be part of the shop's most essential kit). Pledging £1,000 means you'll get an invitation to attend the VIP opening and receive a priceless hug from Naomi our shop manager!
We are crowdfunding so that we can off-set some of the costs of setting up the shop and allow more funds to go towards funding cruelty-free HUMAN relevant research. Setting up a shop is expensive, but we know that it will raise awareness of the Dr Hadwen Trust and be profitable. Our crowdfunding goal is £5,000 which is around a third of the costs of the shop fit.
About the project
The Dr Hadwen Trust's first charity shop will be vegan! Opening our shop will:
- increase awareness of the issues that surround animal use in medical research, and the fact that we fund research that PROVES medical research CAN take place without animals
- have environmental benefits: we will be recycling and reselling preloved goods
- support budget shopping: our items will be good quality sold at low prices
- have ethical benefits: no animal products will be used or sold in our shop
- provide volunteering opportunities: call us on 01462 436819 if you'd like to join our team
- increase our income: we receive more applications for cruelty-free HUMAN relevant research than we can currently fund. Raising more funds will allow us to fund even more research