Hope Rescue is looking to buy their own rescue centre! We still can’t really believe it ourselves as this has always been our aspiration and with everyone’s help, we can make this dream a reality.
We currently don't have our own rescue centre but use commercial boarding kennels instead at a cost of between £50,000 to £80,000 a year. We have had an offer accepted on an incredible property in Llanharran, South Wales with facilities that will truly transform the lives of our rescue dogs. The purchase price and fees total £670,000. Initially we are looking to raise £100,000 to help reduce the amount we need to borrow and provide some working capital; if we can raise more, even better, as the lower the loan repayments the more money that can be spent on our wonderful dogs. We only have a very short window of opportunity to raise this amount through donations and grant applications so really need your help.
The benefits of owning our own facility include:
- Improved welfare and enrichment for our dogs with 80 kennels, 2 exercise paddocks, 18 acres of private woodland with dog walks, indoor training room and grooming room
- Increased number of dogs available for adoption (in addition to our foster dogs)
- The ability to help more dogs including the Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC stray dog contract
- Increased volunteer opportunities, including supported employment and volunteer placements
- The opportunity cost of savings on boarding kennel fees
- Expansion of our community outreach services including provision of temporary canine respite for owners facing crisis situations such as domestic abuse
- Increased opportunities for public awareness and education
- Increased opportunities for income generation and fundraising
This really does represent a huge step-change in what we can do to improve the lives of stray and abandoned dogs in South Wales and we hope we can rely on your help and support to make this dream come true.