Sian Berry is standing for Mayor of London for the Green Party.
Our biggest problems in London are the cost of housing, air pollution and overcrowded, expensive transport. Sian will tackle these problems at the root, rather than tinkering nervously at the edges like other candidates.
But elections are expensive - just standing for Mayor requires a deposit of £10,000, never mind the investment needed to actually win.
This is a campaign run and funded by ordinary Londoners. Can you help us raise the money we desperately need to be in with a good chance of beating Labour and the Tories?
This is our best chance ever!
In this election, the Greens could get their best ever results in London. Green Party membership has gone up from 1,000 to nearly 12,000. In the last Mayoral election in 2012, we became London’s third party when Jenny Jones beat UKIP and the Lib Dems to take third place. We also stand a real chance of electing even more London Assembly members along with the two we have already.
Since 2012, amazing things have happened. Impossible things are becoming possible. A green, left-wing, anti-austerity mayor has swept to power in Barcelona. A staunch left-winger is at the helm of the Labour Party. All across Europe, cities are electing radical Mayors.
With the right funding, we can run an amazing campaign and change London forever.
This election is held under a fair system - every vote counts. But to succeed, we need to be seen everywhere in London. That means spending on leaflets, social media advertising, press adverts, billboards, PR experts, campaigns, local party training and election broadcasts. Only blanket coverage will give us the balance of power.
Why we need you
Property developers are throwing barrels full of money at our rivals. Millions of pounds are being poured into the coffers of both Labour and Conservative Parties.
For the Greens, this is make or break time.
Unlike the other parties, we refuse donations from property developers, tax dodgers and media moguls. We will not hold court with oil barons, airlines and construction firms.
This means we rely on people like you to help fund our campaign.
£2k would allow us to pay for crucial training sessions to skill up local parties to run their best campaign ever.
£5k would pay for a million Eve Of Poll cards to reach critical target voters across London
£7k could employ a part-time local party press officer to help local parties across London get the Green message into well-read local papers
£10k would pay for a cutting-edge online media strategy to reach new groups of voters and work around the mainstream media.
£15k would pay for eye-catching billboards across London to urge people to vote Green in the Mayoral and Assembly contest.
Will you give to help London Green Party do the work that will make sure we are seen everywhere?
Please consider what you can afford to give today. Whether it’s £5 or £5,000, each donation matters. Each pound will get us closer to the balance of power in London.
- £5 – The warm feeling of happiness that comes with knowing you supported a cleaner, fairer London.
- £15 – Your name mentioned on a special ‘thank you’ page of the London Green Party website.
- £20 – A fake banknote with Sian Berry on it, from the 2008 mayoral campaign. A real collector's item!
- £30 – A thank you tweet from Sian Berry
- £40 – A 'Vote Green' poster signed by Sian Berry
- £50 – A Green party t-shirt, a 'Vote Green' poster signed by Sian Berry and a fake banknote with Sian Berry on it
- £70 – A SIGNED copy of 'Honourable Friends? by Caroline Lucas - only a few left!
- £90 – One ticket for a half day guided Secret London tour led by qualified London Blue Badge Guide and Green Party activist Diane Burstein. Diane has 20 years experience of leading tours in London. She is one of the capital’s best known tour guides as a result of her regular contributions to LBC radio’s Steve Allen Show and BBC Radio London’s Saturday morning breakfast show with Jo Good and Simon Lederman. We'll also throw in a fake banknote with Sian Berry's face on it from the 2008 campaign and a 'Vote Green' poster signed by Sian Berry.
- £150 - A personal guided tour of the Crystal, East London's sustainable city initiative - a striking building that is the world's greenest event venue with its own power sources. You'll be shown around by Tamsin Omond, 'Plane Stupid' campaigner and climate activist, and get a posh lunch into the bargain as well.
- £250 - A private thirty minute viola recital from one of the UK's finest up-and-coming classical musicians, wherever you want in London.
- £500 – A private half day guided Secret London tour led by qualified London Blue Badge Guide and Green Party activist Diane Burstein. Diane has 20 years experience of leading tours in London. She is one of the capital’s best known tour guides as a result of her regular contributions to LBC radio’s Steve Allen Show and BBC Radio London’s Saturday morning breakfast show with Jo Good and Simon Lederman. Diane will lead a private guided tour for you, yourself and a partner, your family or a group of friends or colleagues of any size up to 25 maximum. We'll also throw in a fake banknote with Sian Berry's face on it from the 2008 campaign and a 'Vote Green' poster signed by Sian Berry.
- £1000 - A three-day Wine Ride; a unique cycle touring holiday. This adventure will allow you to explore stunning English countryside, experience award winning wines and stay on beautiful vineyards. A complimentary wine tasting, a three course evening meal, with a local, seasonal menu. In the morning, you will enjoy breakfast by the vines, before heading off on your bikes, with a few snacks and water to keep you going. Our modern dome tents are pitched before your arrival, complete with an airbed and pillows.