My name is Davy Jones: that’s one you won’t forget!
Politics should be about standing up for what matters - that's what I pledge to do for you in Brighton Kemptown.
I’m standing at the next General Election as the Parliamentary Candidate for the Green Party for the Brighton Kemptown constituency, which includes Saltdean & Peacehaven.
I grew up in Saltdean, so I’m local. I’ve worked for years in public services and now I help local communities have more of a say over decisions that affect their lives. I’m also a part-time yoga teacher. I’ve been politically active all my life, and I really care about changing things radically for the better.
I’m fighting for that change, because I’m not your average, establishment politician. The Green Party does not share the same assumptions as the three main parties – or UKIP.
- We don’t believe that people who didn’t cause the financial crisis should have to pay for it.
- We don’t support the austerity drive, privatisation and cutting public services
- We don’t believe in plundering the planet’s natural resources, when we could be using clean, renewable energy.
- We believe that the financial crisis is linked to the environmental crisis – both reflect the grossly unequal world we live in, where power is contained within a tiny, super-rich elite.
Why We Need Your Help
In the Brighton Kemptown constituency, we are in a very special position. Being right next door to Brighton Pavilion, the people in my constituency know Caroline Lucas and know what a fantastic job she has done to represent our city – and people all around the country. Now, I want to be able to do the same.
It’s just four months until the election. There’s a #greensurge happening around the country. The Greens now have more members than both UKIP and the Lib Dems. We’re consistently polling higher than the Lib Dems, AND we’re closing the gap on UKIP.
But to take advantage of this, to ensure more voters hear about the Green Party and to show them we are real contenders, we need funds.
The Green Party don’t have the big business or trade union backing of the old establishment parties. Campaigns are powered by our members and supporters. We’re appealing for £1000 to cover the cost of the £500 deposit to run in the election, as well as the costs of essential materials like leaflets, letters to voters and social media publicity.
Every pound you give will make a huge difference, and allow us to fulfil our potential.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you feel you’re not able to contribute financially, you can still help by telling your friends, sharing this page on social media, or following me:
- On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Davyjones4kemptown?ref=ts&fref=ts
- On Twitter @davyjones4ktown
- On my website http://www.davyjones4kemptown.org.uk/
You can also volunteer for the campaign by signing up here.
Let’s make real change happen!
Many thanks for your help.