We're a Hull-Based non-profit art publishing group called Something Entirely Different- We print magazines, comics, art prints and perform live art installations using a selection of incredibly talented local artists. We work with local venues Welly, Fruit and Hull Box Office on a monthly basis, as well as working with such big Hull events as Humber Street Sesh and Freedom Festival.
We've been working on a new comic book for a while, Good Clean Fun Comix, to benefit Cancer Research UK. The plan is to sell the comic online and at select stores, galleries, markets, fairs and more. We also have a table at the massive Thought Bubble comic convention in Leeds, late November. 75% of the money made from sales of the title goes straight to Cancer Research UK, with the remaining 25% going towards funding our future projects, including another title for a similar cause.
Since we started, we've published a variety of free magazines and comics, all with the goal of pushing local creative talent in Hull. We're always expanding our ranks, while looking into other media projects, including film, music and more in the coming year. We've worked with an impressive collection of Illustrators, fine artists, designers, photographers, models, musicians and more- We have a lot of fun, and, hopefully you will too while checking out our stuff.
With Good Clean Fun Comix, while promoting our team of creatives and showing off what they can do, we're hoping to make a difference. We're hoping this will be just the start of a series of comic books raising money for charity, but we need a little bit of help with the first issue. We've already put a lot of time, effort and money into this publication, but we're falling just a little bit short, which is why we have such a low goal. Obviously, the hope is that we'll go way over our target goal- this would mean more copies, and more money for Cancer Research.
Every bit of money donated is immensely appreciated, hopefully you find some of our incentives original and interesting to you. If you can't donate money to the cause, every share of the page or link promoted is a huge help. The comic will be on sale mid-November, with copies going out to anyone who preorders the title at the same time.My name's Snapper, and I'm really grateful to everyone who helps- I know you're going to love the comic. Hull has so many incredible creatives, I hope you'll help me out trying to push their art to a wider audience. Cheers x
Contact at Snapperemail@example.com
Massive thanks to Jake Machen, Jess Zschorn, Domanic Li, Jorge Goytizolo, Scott Davies, Chris Wood and everyone featured in the comic- video by Thomas Little