We are Ginger & Co. Coffee. A new independent coffee shop coming to Shrewsbury in July - pledge and help make the refurbishment of our new shop possible. Bring life to this project so that we can bring fantastic coffee to Shrewsbury [and tasty nutritional food]...
What funds do we need and where is it going?
So you know where your money is going, we are seeking to raise £2,500 initially:
- £1,300 = Thirteen tables, the majority of which we are making ourselves out of reclaimed material
- £850 = Fifty bums on seats [a mixture of chairs, stools and benches which we are buying and refurbishing]
- £350 = This will cover materials for the painting of the inside and outside of the Coffee Shop
What if we raise more?
We have a rather amitious stretch target of £9,000 [but let's go for it!] The additional £6,500 would get us well on the way to funding our refit of the shop and will cover:
- £900 = the front of house counter. We are using reclaimed material to make much of this where it is possible
- £1,750 = 100 square metres of flooring [we'll be turning our hands to laying this too]
- £750 = pendent and spot light fittings to bring some light into the shop
- £300 = shop lettering "Ginger & Co. Coffee"
- £900 = sinks and worksurfaces [very important]
- £1900 = will go some way to covering the plumbing and electrical works [though not quite - we're not THAT good at negotiating]
About the project
We are a family run outfit - our love of great coffee and simple tasty food recently led us to leave the coroporate world and with the help of some friends Ginger & Co. Coffee was born.
Our express aim is to run a responsible operation treating produce, team members, customers and partners with equal care and attention. After much research, some property stumbling blocks and a considerable amount of coffee tasting, we have now taken on the lease of a shop on Princess St Shrewsbury. We are hoping that following some love and restoration this will be the home of our independent Coffee Shop and Eatery "Ginger & Co. Coffee".
We have been very much hands on (literally) restoring furniture for example and doing everything that is possible ourselves, every penny counts. So we are crowdfunding to raise money to help with the refurbishment of our shop aiming to breathe some life back into the wonderful Grade II Listed Building and to make it a fitting venue for customers to experience the coffee and food which we are so proud of.
This is Kate [the more practical one] restoring some furniture [so you know we're not telling porkies]:
We will be forever grateful for any pledges made and hope to see you in our coffee shop when we open in July.