Facebook is a great free tool that you should use when running a crowdfunding campaign. Facebook is great to post longer updates, as well as videos and images. It's a great idea to set up a page well before launch date and build your following on this.
- Set up a page that is different to your personal one
- Always make sure your content is relevant - posts about the weather should be kept on your personal page
- Make sure people can like the page rather than having to be added as a friend
- Invite people to like the page and spend time building the community
- Post engaging content - your project video is a great way place to start
- If just 10% of your Facebook friends share your project then 18,000 will know about your great idea!
- Post regular updates on the lead up to launch date and keep doing this throughout your campaign to let people know about your progress
We’ve written a guide on the best way to use facebook and twitter to promote your project, check it out or learn more.