My name is Isla Symons, I am a seventeen year old student currently studying for my A-Levels in Cornwall.
The project I am undertaking is two weeks medical work experience in Africa this summer that would increase my chance of getting a university place on a degree course in the medical field next year.
Brief outline of the project
Pre medicine work experience in St Joseph's Hospital in the Soweto region of Moshi,Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. 19th July – 2nd August 2015
The cost of my project is in the region of £2500. With my own money and through generous support from my family, school and sponsorship I have sought from some superb local businesses I have approaching ninety percent of the funds needed.
- Stand out experience for my university application
- Help ensure career certainty
- Increase my understanding of ethical and clinical issues
- Gain experience of foreign healthcare
- Duke of Edinburgh Gold Residential
- Knowledge of medical careers and clinical system
- Personal development-confidence and social skills
- Cultural Experience