FaB gives opportunities to up-and coming Curators and Artists, it is a test-bed for new work and a place for those who prefer to operate outside of the gallery based-arts scene.
FaB Festival is not-for-profit, entirely ran by volunteers, we do it because we love it, and the local community is at the very heart of what we do.
In 2016 FaB Festival included 64 events and 26 exhibitions in strange and interesting spaces across the city, there were talks, walks, performances and films. FaB 16 brought together over 200 Artists and creative minds to work in the city as one big pop up, attracting over 9,500 visitors.
For FaB Festival 2017 we are working with 30 new Curators, some early career and other more established, as well as charities and community projects who will all be exhibiting together in a contemporary professional setting. 28 exhibitions and a silly number of events are in development too.
We're asking for your help to fund:
- FaB's 15 exhibition spaces: FaB pops up in empty shops and unused spaces, we need things like paint, wood, filler and screws to transform these into gallery spaces.
- One of our 28 exhibitions: with over 200 artists there are costs like train fares, materials to make the artworks, labelling, lighting, printing...
- Support an event: arty interventions on the streets of Bath, Artitst' film screenings, Children's book signings, the FaB Art Market, the Embodied Cartographies symposeum and many more.
- The Opening Night Arty Party on 26th May: all our shows will be open to visitors and the people of Bath with a night of performance and visual art.
- Promotion, the FaB newspaper, banners and signage: as we're organising this thing we need to tell people about it!
- The boring stuff: rent, insurance, recycling, the website and other logistics.