From January 2017, I will be a full time student in Creative Music Production with the University of Wolverhampton. However, I will be doing most of my study at home due to family commitments and therefore, I need to purchase studio equipment for my home.
Currently, I am producing new music very regularly and I will continue to do so. I have also built a following of supporters on Facebook of more than 3000 people. Here are some sites where you can find out more about my activity...
http://www.facebook.com/krannaken - my facebook page
http://krannaken.bandcamp.com - for the full experience of my music
Part of the degree course is in the entrepreneurial side of things and I will be putting that into practice as I learn more. I am not just going to learn it and forget it and never use those processes and principles again. I have already put into practice a lot of what I have already learned with aspects of music production and business.
Here is a full rundown of what I require funding for...
- New computer (with enough RAM to cope with increased levels of work) - £965. This also includes a larger monitor as I am also visually impaired due to congenital cataracts and struggle to read smaller screens.
- Maschine Mikro Mk2 - £269.00 - for sampling - an aspect of the course that is compulsory.
- Electric Sockets to be installed into my home - £190
- Modular Studio Workstation (Desk) - £384. This is a special kind of desk that houses all of the equipment
- Help Setting Up the above Studio Workstation from flat pack
- Line Six Guitar Amplifier - £102. I am a guitarist of over 22 years experience and I wish to incorporate the guitar into my work.
- Korg TAKTILE - MIDI Keyboard - £249.49
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Audio Interface - £184.00 - This enables me to record music into my computer from all sources that I have.
- Alesis Studio Speakers - £99.99
- Condenser Microphone - £70.04
- Pro Tools - Digital Audio Workstation. I can get this for half price at £250.
- Maschine Jam - Sequencer - £589. Includes specialist software
I currently have a MIDI guitar which I can use. I cannot get the right sounds from it without an amplifier though and I am confident that the Line Six model is one which offers the best value for money.
I currently use FL Studio 12.3 for my work on a laptop with Windows 8. This will not suffice for my course as it often gives up if I try to process too much music on it.
What You Can Expect in Return
I am happy to provide you with regular updates, free concert tickets for life for all shows and concerts. I am also happy to promote you on social media or through websites. If advertising on my Facebook page would help, I am happy to provide you with that too.