The Green Party is standing candidates in Windsor and Maidenhead in this snap election, but we need your help to fund our campaign costs.
Just like you, we want to live in a free, fair and equal society, on a planet that is respected and thriving.
If you care about the NHS and social care, a better economy, decent homes and 21st century transport solutions, free education for all, and treating our environment with intelligence and respect; then you should join us.
We believe that no matter how daunting it is, we should all be working together towards a better future.
For this General Election, we are standing dedicated and visionary candidates in Windsor and Maidenhead, Fintan McKeown and Dr Derek Wall.
Fintan is an actor who has worked at the National Theatre with Howard Davies, Judi Dench and Daniel Day-Lewis. Fintan has played a huge range of roles, in Game Of Thrones, The Bible, Merlin, Atlantis, Barbarians Rising, Hollyoaks and Star Trek Voyager.
Of his campaign, he says "At this critical time, it is certain that the Green Party offer a viable, realistic option to the “Brexit means Brexit” scenario, and that essential concerns for people’s wellbeing and life here and now are not forfeited in this snap election power play."
"Windsor residents have a remarkable local, national, European and international sensibility which must be allowed freedom of expression."
"As your representative, I will help to voice your concerns and ambitions from the outset, during this election and beyond."
Dr Wall, a father of three, has been a member of the Green Party since 1980. He is a strong internationalist and is at present Green Party International Coordinator, as such he helped organise the Global Greens Congress in Liverpool in March - the largest meeting of Greens the world has ever seen.
Derek told local party members that he was in with an excellent chance of becoming Britain’s second Green Member of Parliament, "54% of local voters voted for remain in last year’s referendum, Theresa May’s increasingly strident calls for a hard Brexit, put her at risk on 8th June. I am a passionate remainer in a party which is strongly committed to the European Union and believe I am uniquely well positioned to challenge May."
"I am strongly opposed to Heathrow expansion, it will blight Maidenhead with more noise and pollution. You can’t trust May; she says she is strong but her change of mind on Heathrow shows she is dangerously fickle on vital issues. The Green Party are the only consistent anti-expansion voice."
As well as being a hard working parish councillor and writer, Derek is also a keen cyclist, gardener and cook. He is a patron of Peace in Kurdistan and a keen supporter of the Kurdish people in Turkey, Iran and Syria.
Please support your Green candidates! Every pound you pledge helps us get our message out there and your voice heard. Your support will help towards the costs of election deposits and general campaigning, such as leaflets and social media to get our message out there. Don't let the issues that matter to you get drowned out in Brexit rhetoric and the same old politics. It's time for a change.
Please note the following:
1. All funds from this Crowdfunder project will be passed to East Berkshire Green Party (EBGP). The funds will be used to pay for:
- deposits for Green Party candidates in both the Windsor constituency and the Maidenhead constituency
- “freepost” leaflets and other items promoting our Maidenhead candidate
- items promoting our Windsor candidate
- items promoting the Green Party and it’s aims generally
Any funds left over after the campaign will be retained and used by EBGP for general political activities and future elections.
2. For donations over £500:
- permissibility checks will be undertaken in compliance with the Electoral Commission rules
- information about donations, including donor details, will be made publicly available on the Electoral Commission website
3. Anonymous donations are not allowed (this is to enable multiple donations from the same source to be aggregated. If they add up to more than £500 then rules for donations over £500 apply, please see above).
4. By making a donation you confirm that you are eligible to make political donations in the UK (e.g. you are on the electoral register somewhere in the UK), and that this donation is not made for or on behalf of any other person. All donations received are subject to the regulations of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.