proposed independent, not for profit, e-waste processing micro factories fund, promoting the recycling of electronic waste, where eg. 1 tonne of mobile phones from 6,000 handsets, contains approx.
- 130 kg of copper
- 3kg of silver
- 340 grams of gold
- 140 grams of palladium
with case study ex. 25 million mobile phones just in Australia.
Local partners may include ;
- University of New South Wales
- United Nations University
- Australian Research Council
- CSIRO mineral futures project
- Journal of Environmental Management
- Local councils
Further Reading & info