- To improve the lives and raise the potential of young boys/girls
- Improve and promote opportunities for young people in sport, fitness and physical activity
- Reducing anti-social behaviour and working with young people who have offended or are at risk of offending
- Encourage young people to be ‘Self Made’ in life
- Providing activities that divert young people away from negative behaviours and peer groups and engage them in more positive recreational and community activities.
Using Basketball to deliver personal development opportunities to young people.
- Enable young people to have the opportunity to develop their skills, knowledge, and experience, enhancing their employability and work towards accredited qualifications.
- Participants will include young people with a range of socio-economic needs including mental health issues, people who are homeless, offenders (first time and reoccurring), and those at risk of offending.
- Our activities provide opportunities for young people to build trust in others; their community and gain self-confidence before they progress to more focused and targeted interventions.
- Our approach will channel young people interacting with different social groups. This helps break links with negative peer hierarchies (such as those found in gangs or communities with territorial divides).
- Have 20-30 young people taking part in these activities on weekly basis.