Zachary is an ambitious young music student, but his ability to complete his studies has been deeply affected by various problems, many of which are as a result of being a low-income, mentally-ill, trans, bisexual & polyamorous person.
- Gender dysphoria and gender identity issues
- 12-month delay in access to NHS gender identity services (such as counselling, voice therapy, hormones or surgery)
- Transphobic/biphobic/polyphobic verbal and emotional abuse
- Physical assault
- Chronic depression & anxiety
- Undiagnosed ADHD (& potentially BPD or autism)
- Difficult family relationships (due to parents separating, and gender transition)
- Unstable finances & accommodation
In order to cope with these multi-faceted issues and be able to stay in further education, Zachary needs counselling from an LGBTQ+-friendly counsellor who has experience working with people whose gender and sexuality lie outside of those accepted by mainstream society.
He is looking at a trained counsellor who offers the discount price of £30 per session, and would ideally like to be able to have 1 session per week. The money raised from this fundraiser would allow him to have counselling for 6 months, by which time he would hopefully be at the top of the waiting list for treatment at the Gender Identity Clinic.