My lifelong ambition is to become a professional racing driver. I am currently seeking funds to compete in the final two meetings of the 2017 Renault UK Clio Cup season at Silverstone on 16th/17th September and Brands Hatch GP on 30th September/1st October, with the aim to raise the relevant funds to compete in a full season in 2018.
All 18 of the UK Clio Cup's races will again take place at the high-profile British Touring Car Championship’s events, meaning its drivers, teams and sponsors continue to enjoy unrivalled levels of exposure with huge trackside crowds and live free-to-air TV coverage on ITV4.
Indeed the UK Clio Cup’s reputation for producing the future stars of the BTCC as well as leading names in international GT and sports car competition has never been higher. Most of the BTCC’s own grid comprises drivers with Renault Sport backgrounds – Sam Tordoff, Mat Jackson, Colin Turkington, Andrew Jordan and Jason Plato all came close to the BTCC crown in 2016.
Among the latest names to join its grid is 2015 UK Clio Cup Champion Ashley Sutton whose debut seaon in touring cars in 2016 will go down as one of the most impressive in recent history. Away from touring cars Jonny Adam, 2005 UK Clio Cup title-winner, is celebrating a second successive British GT crown.
The benefits of the Renault UK Clio Cup:
- Guaranteed TV coverage on every race day
- The Renault UK Clio Cup supports the BTCC.
- The Renault Clio Cup also offers a Masters Cup and a Graduate Cup that is presented within each race.
- The Clio Cup Sunday races are live on ITV4 and have shown an increase in viewing figures over the past few years.
- Viewing figures for the BTCC race meetings on ITV4 for the 2016 season rose by 43% compared to the viewing figures from the 2015 season and is expected to continue rising over the coming years.
- A minimum of 40,000 spectators are in attendance at each BTCC race day, this would equal over 380,000 a season.
- An average of 40,000 viewings a month on renaultsport.co.uk website, therefore reaching nearly 500,000 per year.
- At each race meeting the BTCC support race paddock is open for the public to access at all events with professional stands for each race team and hospitality tents for the VIP guests attending that particular meeting.
- The Clio Cup will return to the popular Motorsport UK highlights show on ITV4 with a 32-week run of 30-minute broadcasts. Each episode can also be replayed via the ITV Player on the ITV website for up to 30 days after the show has been aired.
- Everyone who donates will have their picture and name on my race car which will make up the livery. E.g.picture size dependant on number of donaters
- Everyone who donates will have their name listed on my facebook and website, as well as an individual thank you message/video to everyone post on my twitter page.
- Everyone who donates will be entered into a prize draw where they can win a pair of VIP/Hospitality tickets and one runner up will win a pair of weekend general admission tickets to each event (4 different winners 2x VIP and 2x general admission)
My name is Neil Cogan. I have been go-karting since I was six years old in various karts and at various venues. At my local go-karting venue I have consistently finished no lower than third position, producing equal lap times every lap and I was therefore invited to compete for a NKA karting championship. My recent racing history includes testing in an MG ZR and competing in a Renault Clio scholarship where there were two timed sessions and my quickest lap time improved by 2.5 seconds from the first session to the second. I have also recently competed in successful MINI Cooper Challenges at Oulton Park and Donington Park. I am eager to take the next step in my racing career and compete in a professional championship.
I have always had a passion for motorsport ever since the first time I sat inside a go-kart at 6-years old. I have been attempting to gain sponsorship for the Renault UK Clio Cup for ten years without much success I recently came across crowdfunder and thought that this could be the opportunity to raise the funds that I require.. My ambition is to eventually compete in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) and the Renault UK Clio Cup is a perfect feeder series for drivers to progress to the BTCC.
The cost for the Renault UK Clio Cup meeting is £30,000 each. The cost is for:
Renault UK Clio Cup race car hire
Pre event testing