CHRISTMAS  SONG AID

Am Recording a Christmas song. The aim is to sell the song and support Pancreatic Cancer research and Autism awareness.

Project aim

Am Recording a Christmas song. The aim is to sell the song and support Pancreatic Cancer research and Autism awareness.

About the project

I have been a singer since 17yrs old, and am now 28yrs old. I have done my own songs in the church choir, on radio stations and in youth centres. It's been something I do for love and people always loved it. I have also worked as an autism support worker since 2011 till date. And recently I was referred to a music producer in London by folks who have heard me sing songs written by myself. At this point you may wonder why I need you help, well am recording at the moments in a huge pro studio, and I can't afford the bills. However if I were to finish the songs I have got going there are organisations ready to promote the songs for sale, before they believe in the greatness of the songs, however people don't always want to put their hand in their pocket unless you have a finished work to show. 

I though about what difference I would make if I were to sell a great deal and there are only two in mind which has always been in my heart probably because of personal experience:

Pancreatic Cancer Research support (for treatment and diagnosis)

My father died in 2009 of Pancreatic Cancer, although this is incurable, there was also an issue with late diagnosis and a very rapid deterioration in health before he died. The money am raising on this platform is to finish my recording and production of a Christmas song which will be sold to raise far more than I could possibly ask on this platform. 10% of the profit will be donated to the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund (PCRF) a UK charity for research into early detection/diagnosis of the disease as well as treatment to prolong life and a possible cure. The 10% can range from 10,000s of pounds to 100,000s of pounds (GBP) depending on the copies sold on iTunes and other networks, so this could be a great deal, and you could be making a great difference to other people's lives just by funding the record.

 

Support for sick children and support for children with Autism:

I have supported individuals with Autistic Spectrum condition since 2011, and in this past years my empathy for the condition has grown. While some scholars may argue that it is a way of life and that no cure should be sort for it, others argue that there should be a continuous research into the curse and cure. I am not concerned with the arguments here. I support will be a financial donation to charities that are busy about creating awareness of the Autism condition as this will prevent discrimination and isolation of those leaving with the conditions and their family, as well as charities that provide a therapeutic care for those living with the conditions. I would be donating 5% of the profits sales to Young Minds (mental health/Autism charity), another 5% donation to Autism Alliance (A UK Autism charity), making a total of 10% donations for Autism support. 

I would also be donating 5% of profits to 'The Sick Children's Trust' (A UK charity that support sick children and their family ). 

In total a donation of 25% of profit from the Christmas song sale will be towards making a great positive difference to people's live. This 25% can range from 10,000s of pounds(GBP) to 100,000s of pounds (GBP) depending on the copies sold on iTunes and other networks, so this could be a great deal, and you could be making a great difference to other people's lives just by funding the record. If helping others is not a good enough for you to fund this project then check out the personal rewards for backers of this project.

 

Back to Top