Admin and More and Blue Associates have formed a partnership to offer Charity Empowerment Workshops to enable small and medium size non-profit organsations access a series of workshops to help their organisation raise awareness and income.
Training for charitable organisations are usually held in London and can prove very expensive when you calculate the cost of attending travel and time and so the actual cost of attending them runs into the hundreds of pounds. For a small charity in particular this can prevent staff and volunteers being developed and learn new techniques in order to help the organisationn grow.
We held our first workshop in April and although small it proved invaluable to the organisations present and we realised we need to be able to offer the workshops more frequently. We are both start-ups who can currently subside two meetings a quarter and we cannot afford to fund a conference at this early stage. You can view the workshops we have held by clicking here https://www.meetup.com/Charity-Empowerment-Workshops/ We do not make any profit on these meetings and heavily subside them
Our vision is to hold these workshops in the Midlands and the East of England to enable smaller organisations to attend at low cost. The workshops will last a couple of hours and will be held at Community Centres so we can be giving back to the community. Locations will be Milton Keynes, Huntingdon, Northampton, Leicester, Norwich and Cambridge.
Workshops will be held on the following subjects:
- Gift Aid
- Fundraising through Events
- Credit Control
- Grant Writing
- Effective Social Media
- Dealing with Stress
- Personal Development
- Donor Journeys
We also plan to hold a 1-day conference in Milton Keynes in September/October which will encompass all the subjects above. The Fundraising Conference will be an innovative event which will enable fundraisers to come to a conference outside of London. We are planning to have high calibre speakers which will be paid for to ensure that charities and organsiations who attend will go away from the conference having learnt subjects to help grow their charities.
Below is a breakdown of what we need to fund in order of importance:
- Our priority is to hold 50 workshops at the venues listed above in the local communities so we can access as many organisations as possible. We will enable them to grow awareness and income for their organisation. We want to be able to offer them cheaply as possibly to everyone who attends and subside the workshops for volunteers who help a charity or organisation.
- We would like to bring in some speakers who have more specialised knowledge but they ask for a speaker's fee and expenses and this prohibits us from booking them.
- We want to be able to provide workbooks and materials to people who attend so they can make notes and take their learning away from them.
- We want to be able to run the one day conference in Milton Keynes so we can offer a one day comprehensive session
Comments from our session on Gift Aid was:
'Oh wow that was so useful - we don't have the budget to go to the training in London so to be on our doorstep was great'
'I learnt so much when is the next one'
' All your subjects are so relevant'
So as you can see if we can get this out to as many staff and volunteers as possible we can make a real difference to people in their communities as organisations can raise awareness of their services as they raise more income.