New stretch target
Extra funding allows us to buy extra leaflets, posters and other materials to help reach out to our voters. If we have the opportunity and we have the time we would like to send an election communication to at least one of the constituencies through the post office.
Raising funds to fight a General Election campaign in Preston, Chorley and Wyre & Preston North Constituencies.
About the project
Message from Central Lancashire Green Party
We need your help to create a more equal, more representative society, where public health and well-being is placed firmly before private profits.
At the Green Party we are committed to :
- Rebalancing our economy so everyone gets a fair share, by implementing a wealth tax on the top 1% of earners, tackling tax avoidance, creating decent, secure jobs, and ensuring the minimum wage is a living wage.
- Investing in renewable energy technologies while fiercely opposing the short-term interests of fossil-fuel and fracking companies, such as those currently threatening our homes, health and future here in Lancashire.
- Putting the public at heart of our beloved NHS, ending the destructive cuts, and supporting a new NHS Bill that would rebuild and reinvest in the service for generations to come.
- Bringing the railways back into public hands, investing in a rail network we can be proud of, one that provides its passengers with a quality service at prices we can all afford.
- Keeping education free for all, scrapping tuition fees, re-introducing maintenance grants, and ensuring every young person that wants to can access higher education and meet their Full potential regardless of financial privilege.
This is the first time that the Green Party has fielded a candidate in Wyre & Preston North Parliamentary Constituency.
It is 28 years since the Green Party fielded a candidate in Chorley Parliamentary constituency.
It is 14 years since the Green Party fielded a candidate in Preston Parliamentary Constituency.
To cover deposits and raise some funds for leaflets and posters etc we need to raise a total of £1250, a lot of money for a growing party like ours, which is the reason for this appeal.
This change can only come around with your support, so please help us raise the money to put the common good ahead of corporate interests, for now and for a sustainable future.
Please note: If you wish to donate more than £500 in a year, you must be a citizen of the UK and on the UK electoral roll. Donations over £500 from any ineligible donors must be returned.