Winter is beginning to set in and the aim of this project is to raise as much as possible to provide emergency assistance to the refugees. 100% of all the funds raised will go to Faiths Forum London (minus the cost of Crowdfunder Fees- sorry!)
About the project
Having witnessed unspeakable horrors, battled oppression and tyranny, children are now terrified, homeless, and in need of you. London's faith communities have sent countless volunteers to both the countries the refugees have fled from, and those they flee to, providing support, financial aid and emotional consolation. This crowd funder gives you the opportunity to help; 100% of the proceeds received will go directly to the efforts made to give these people better lives. What better way to help another make happier memories, than through taking home, or indeed learning how to make, some of your own?
For your own information, and to highlight the gravity of this crisis, please ponder on the facts below:
- So far in 2015 more than 350,000 desperate people have made the perilous journey across the Mediterranean Sea.
- In Italy, 7,600 children have arrived alone since January, without any parents or families at all.
- For those who do survive the treacherous journey, the terrifying ordeal is not over.
- Children often arrive in Europe scared and exhausted.
- Many have seen and experienced untold horrors during their journey.
- The physical impact of travelling is also clear.
- The children our teams have met have had severe sunburns and blisters from their journey.
- Many have lost their toenails from the huge distances they had walked.
You can learn more about me here: www.stilljourneying.com
Picture Credit: Credit: Nikolay Doychinova/ AFP