CAAKE: Collaborative Art and Kinetic Environments
CAAKE is all about working together in collaboration to create 'happenings' and events across arts, science and public engagement.
Project by project we collaborate. Connecting the dots on the expanding field of material cultures, movement and memory.
CAAKE is a collaboration between 2 artists, 2 makers and 2 performers both from Northern Ireland and England that formed through a series of 'catalyst' workshops and discussion groups in Derry-Londonderry.
'Readings in Passage’ emerged as a project and is in itself a form of physical research. This explores an open list of concepts that is situated in a place of ‘inbetweeness’. Themes of dislocation, tracing, fragmentation, imprinting, augmented environments, cartography and afterimages; this pushes the concern of corporeality and questions 'natural' developments in order to reconnect to these ideas with authenticity.
- The outcomes from this 3-part project is; a residency, a think tank space and a live performance installation
- 6 THINK TANK workshops are planned where the artists will lead explorations in various processes and approaches to making, movement. To extend the conversation we have invited groups affected by Dementia or Alzheimer’s to contribute to our workshop programme. This will inform our research gathering, object making, interaction planning for the live performance elements. This is an important means to bridge critical thinking processes as a way to articulate our changing social dynamics. So check our page on facebook and Twitter to join in, get more information on our Saturday workshops: 26th March, 2nd April and 9th April at R-Space Gallery, Lisburn.
CAAKE has already successfully received some funding through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council. We are using these funds to bring the group together for a sustained period at R-space gallery in March and April. But really we want to continue to grow from this platform and develop the potential for a larger event with more collaborations and with more contributors involved.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP FUND THE LIVE EVENT HAPPENING ON FRIDAY 15TH APRIL AT R-SPACE GALLERY, LISBURN.
- Materials costs (wooden platforms, screens / backdrops and hire of AV equipment)
- props to stage the performance (Costume, sound)
- Curation of the installation (public information leaflets, feedback forms and host public discussion)
Please support the project so that we can grow from this initial platform and develop a truly immersive experience, setting a standard of quality and vision for our future projects.
IN RETURN OUR REWARDS FOR YOUR SUPPORT WILL HELP US ACHIEVE THIS GOAL. Some of them are
- Big personal thankyou on social media.
- CAAKE badges
- small/medium/large signed photgraphic prints from the project
- limited edition aquatint print (framed and unframed)
- Small handmade artworks from the installation
We hope will join us on our journey from 22nd March to 15th April at R-space gallery, whether in person or online. You can follow or send comments to us via facebook, twitter (@caakEproject), instagram and our wordpress blog.
A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ AND WATCH OUR FILM.