Black Label Cycling has been born from a passion for all things bike related.
The business was formed after I chose to take redundancy from my job in the cycling industry. I realised this was the time to put all my effort into building a brand that I could grow and use to benefit others further down the line.
I currently offer cyclists a complete range of services which include -
- An alternative clothing range that feature's original artwork from leading tattoo, graffiti and digital artists from around the world.
- A professional workshop facility that offers complete mechanical repair and servicing
- The convenience of a mobile workshop, collect and repair service plus our unique internet build offer
A little bit about me -
I've been a cyclist for over 20 years and for the last 5 years I have worked within the cycling industry with one of the UK's largest online retailers. During this time I have identified an opportunity for an exciting new brand to get involved. I have the passion and drive to push this brand to the top and make sure it stays there for the test of time along with growing it across all adventure sports.
What I have done so far -
Since September 2016 I have moved into a workshop, obtained my formal qualifications as a cycle technician, sourced suppliers, acquired stock, created a website with ecommerce, raised a social media following had my business plan approved by the Welsh Government.
Where I see this going -
I could bore you with facts as to how great the cycling industry is but I won't. It's simple I want to build a clothing brand that will be recognised around the world and not just in cycling but eventually crossing over to take in all adventure and extreme sports.
With the mechanical side of things I would like to open a workshop that would incorporate a coffee shop and retail outlet. By doing this I'd like to give people a chance at employment who would normally struggle due to mental health issues and disabilities, I'd like to create a community feel which I can replicate across the country (eventually).
The mobile service will evolve into event support again then offering employment opportunities to those suffering with mental health disorders or disabilities, not only will it give them hands on skills but it will also improve their social skills and build confidence in themselves.
Where I am now -
- Currently holding a small amount of stock from my first order
- I have just placed another order for 100 items with a fresh new design
- My t-shirts are on sale in a local high street retailer
- Website is performing well with traffic flowing steadily and customers able to checkout via PayPal
- Ebay are carrying listings but my account is new
- Social media following is growing I have run various like and share competitions that have increased my page likes by over 300%
- Facebook adverts have proved successful in increasing local knowledge of the brand
- I have built up a mailing list of local companies with which I intend to offer discounts of servicing and repairs
- Screenprinter on board that is offering a 25% discount
What I need the money for -
- I need to purchase clothing in larger quantities to get the cost prices down
- A budget to create more designs and purchase image rights
- Workshop rent (I have already covered the first 3 months)
- Specialist tools that will allow me to build wheels under our brand name and carry out more complex repairs
- Working stock for the workshop that will help with my margins
- Ongoing training and development for myself
- Sign writing and workshop conversion on the company vehicle (I have just put it through MOT and added road tax)
- Website SEO updated and improvements to the ecommerce by taking card payments
- An increase in digital marketing and online presence
I promise you this won't fail please get involved and say you helped :)