I am standing to be Labour's candidate for Mayor of Lewisham because I believe I am the right person to unite our party, to lead our community, and to build a better future for Lewisham.
Lewisham has been my home for thirty-four years. As a single mum, I raised my son here. With a grant from Lewisham Council, I was the first in my family to go to university. I've served my community as a Parent Governor, a Councillor, and Chair of Labour Group. I am driven to give back to the community that has given me so much, the community that I love so much.
Labour to the very core, I am a socialist, a trade unionist, and a co-operator. I believe that our values – of solidarity, equality and social justice – enrich and strengthen our society.
I have the experience, the values, and the vision to be a radical Labour Mayor for all Lewisham. As Mayor I would
- Tackle the housing crisis by building council homes; standing up against greedy developers and rogue landlords, and standing up for private renters.
- Help every child reach their potential by improving our schools and making our streets safe. I want no child to be left behind.
- Improve Lewisham's environment by tackling air pollution, protecting green spaces and cleaning up our streets.
- Fight poverty by promoting the Living Wage and decent, good quality jobs.
- Promote a new, radical, inclusive politics, with members, unions, and community at the heart of decision making and campaigning.
But I cannot do this without you. My campaign is people-powered. So please donate what you can.
Any unspent funds will be donated to Lewisham Labour Party after the selection to go towards campaigning.