Hello! I'm a 31 year old female Aussie, travelling to South Africa on my own to volunteer my time and energy to care for rhinos and other wildlife for 3 weeks in January 2017. And I need your help to raise some funds!
The project is called Care for Wild Africa, and is based about 2 hours from Kruger National Park. Here's what I'll be doing:
- Hand-rear orphaned rhinos and other species
- Provide animal care and husbandry to orphaned rhino
- Assist with the treatment and care of injured animals
- Learn about monitoring and socialising the older rhino
- Get your hands dirty with designing, building, cleaning and maintaining wildlife enclosures
- Help out with habitat management in the wildlife reserve surrounding Care for Wild Africa
What this really means is: walking up and down a steep hill in the heat carrying milk for the rhinos, night shift and essentially doing everything that I can to make sure they're safe, fed, loved and as comfortable as possible.
Living conditions: shared room with bunk beds, shower between 4 people and no hot water.