Taking refreshment at Aunt Martha Victorian Restaurant is already an experience as you are transported to the year 1897, the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Victoria.
Building upon this success, Aunt Martha now wishes to be able to transport her guests not only in time, but in place with the creation of THREE intimate and exclusive dining areas. The first - the Oriental Tea Pagoda - is already in place thanks to the generosity of Mrs Williams whose portrait will shortly adorn the room.
The second will transport you back in time and place to another glorious empire, that of Ancient Egypt, as you take refreshment within the recreation of the reception room of a temple.This room will be highly decorated and Professor Cruickshank has loaned me some of his precious artefacts with which to create a display.
The third will transport you in place to the Jewel in the Crown of our glorious British Empire - India. Here you will be able to dine within a recreated palace anti-room decorated in the style of Raj put art
Do not be afraid of not liking the food, Aunt Martha has instructed the kitchen staff to embrace the atmosphere of the location within the presentation of the food, and only reflect the flavours where they will not upset the palates of gentle folk, like yourselves
To achieve all of this requires your assistance, for which a range of rewards are offered. For example:-
- the most exclusive will be the inclusion of your face within the focal point mural within the room you sponsor - you will be given a choice of images to become a part of
- An elaborate celebration cake created by Chef Andre Pierre and his staff
- A Soiree within one of the intimate dining rooms for up to 10 guests
- A luncheon within the main dining rooms for up to 20 guests
- Vouchers for formal afternoon teas
An additional benefit from increasing the capacity of Aunt Martha's is that it will provide further opportunities for the employment of young people as apprentices helping them to develop themselves and gain that vital work experience.