New role: Assistant Accountant
We're the UK’s #1 crowdfunding platform.
Underpinning our ambition to be the most effective social investment platform in the UK is the commitment to manage our, and other peoples’, money and resources in the most careful and smart way possible.
That's why we are looking for a brilliant Assistant Accountant to join our team.
Who we’re looking for:
Crowdfunder’s Assistant Accountant will play a critical role, along with the Head of Finance, to lead the accounting and finance operations of the company, and provide leadership to the wider team.
The Assistant Accountant will work in conjunction with the Head of Finance to produce periodic financial reports, maintain our accounting system and records, manage a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP and other reporting requirements.
Who we are:
Our project owners are passionate about funding their campaigns, and so are we!
We are a team of entrepreneurs and professionals with many decades of experience founding some of the UK’s fastest growing companies, leading some of the UK largest companies, and managing Silicon Valley technology start-ups.
We are united around a common goal.
We would like you to:
- Be responsible for maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support an expanding product offering.
- Assist the finance team to manage and improve current systems, processes, and internal controls in order to put in place all necessary solutions to support reporting, compliance and forecasting.
- Hands-on management of the processes for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports.
- Coordinate and assist with tax and regulatory filings such as annual tax return, R&D Tax Credits, VAT returns.
- Assist with the month-end close process by performing accruals, variance analyses.Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organisation’s results.
- Interface with the leadership team on financial matters as required.Assist in the creation of detailed dashboards and ROI analyses.
- Manage relationships with banks and third-party payment processing vendors.
- Perform accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports.
- Assist on expense and cash forecasting and planning.
- Partnership contract management.
- AAT qualification or part qualification desirable but not essential.
- More than two years of accounting/finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage accounting and reporting systems.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a cross-functional work environment.
- Excel at intermediate level.
- The training and mindset of an accountant, the outlook of an entrepreneur.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm for the crowdfunding and fintech industry.
- What you'll get: Competitive salary.
- A supportive, open environment that cultivates authenticity and empowerment.
- An office on the beach.
This is a full time permanent position. Please apply with your CV and a cover note to email@example.com.