JUNE 19th: THIS PITCH WILL CLOSE VERY SHORTLY - PLEASE WAIT FOR OUR 3rd PITCH TO OPEN BEFORE INVESTING - otherwise you& 39;ll pay more than you need to!
Welcome to the 2012 Ancestor& 39;s Trail pitch 2 - NOW including a lecture from Professor Richard Dawkins and sponsored by the RDFRS (UK) .
Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to those who invested in our first pitch - £2000 was raised!
Walking the Trail is FREE but this pitch allows you to purchase & 39;tickets& 39; for:
1. ACCOMMODATION: all INCLUSIVE packages at Kilve Court - see REWARDS to your right.
2. Our two EVENING EVENTS - Saturday speakers, Sunday music cabaret - £25 per head per night INCLUDING evening meal (and Monday am speakers).
3. Seats on our TRAIL BUS - £10 per person - and/or TRAIL TAXI - £15 per person (link to local public transport @ Taunton).
IF YOU DON& 39;T FIND EXACTLY THE COMBINATION OF REWARDS (TICKETS) YOU WISH, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Payment via Crowdfunder pitch :
1. Use our Crowdfunder calculator and plug in the numbers of people requiring the options you wish. Don’t forget the accommodation packages INCLUDE one or more evening events and seats on our Trail bus. Of course, if you wish, you can just book tickets on the bus or to the evening events/taxi without accommodation.
2. On the right hand side you will see the REWARDS – these are essentially some example ticket prices - HOWEVER, you probably won’t be able to find exactly the option you chose via the calculator in step 1. Not to worry – simply click where it says FUND NOW to go to the next stage.
3. This will bring up the list of rewards including one at the top saying ‘NO REWARD’. Select this and then plug in your total (from your Crowdfunder calculator in step 1) into the AMOUNT TO CONTRIBUTE box at the top.
4. Click INVEST NOW at the bottom and follow the steps for payment via PAY PAL. This is a two stage process – FIRSTLY: add sufficient of your funds to Crowdfunder – when you invest, PAY PAL take a 3.4% cut (you’ll see this added to your investment). SECONDLY: allocate those funds to the Ancestor’s Trail pitch.
5. Crowdfunder send me the total amount you have invested and your email address – but no other details. So I will then need to contact you shortly afterwards by e-mail with a Google form link for you to fill in – so that I can book you in for exactly what you want…rooms/evening events/taxi etc.
It’s a bit long winded – but it works - and YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! (well very little). Essentially, the event runs if enough people invest in this pitch to cover our pre-determined target sum -£3000- by a specified date. If this sum isn& 39;t reached - everyone gets their money back.
Children: below 5 years go FREE, 6-17 HALF PRICE.
Please note: If we make the target sum, Crowdfunder take a 5% cut from the money they hand over to the Ancestor’s Trail. In the interests of transparency, if we don’t make the pitch, the only funds you’d lose would be the initial 3.4% mentioned above and the same % again when they return the funds to your PAY PAL account. In these circumstances Crowdfunder gain nothing, unlike some other similar online crowd-sourcing services.
A proportion of your investment will go towards our biodiversity charities. If online payment is not an option for you please contact me on chris[dot]jenord[at] btinternet[dot]com.
It is also possible for a pitch to over -invest. In this case we will close the individual rewards or whole pitch as we reach capacity.
ABOUT THE EVENT:The Ancestor& 39;s Trail is a biological pilgrimage in Somerset ~ a secular celebration of our shared origins with all life on earth. Our participants walk footpaths representing Darwin& 39;s Tree of Life and, in so doing, symbolically walk back 3.7 billion years. Our numbers gradually swell as we merge with other pilgrims who arrive via tributary trails. The Trail is inspired by Richard Dawkins& 39; book & 39;The Ancestor& 39;s Tale& 39; and is now in its third year. http://ancestorstrail.net/
BIODIVERSITY: Given that evolution is one big biodiversity machine, a proportion of the funds we raise go towards wildlife charities, and because 2012 is our & 39;Year of the Bird& 39; this year we are supporting the RSPB and the World Land Trust. Walking sponsorship is also encouraged.
THE 2012 TRAIL ITINERARY:
Saturday 25th August:
Afternoon: Arrival by car (or pay £15 per head via Crowdfunder for our AT taxi pick up and/or drop off service from Taunton Rail/Coach stations before and after the event).
Evening EVENT 1: 3pm onwards: Meal included. At Kilve Court we will offer a series of five lectures INCLUDING RICHARD DAWKINS ranging from evolutionary biology to biodiversity and humanism.
Sunday 26th August:
Early breakfast at Kilve Court.
The Trail: 9am: Catch the bus to your chosen Trail head from Kilve Court.
11am: The Human Trail begins at Kingston St Mary. For other trails see our Google map on the website. Along the way you will be treated to contributions both scientific and musical. Eventually, we will all arrive together at Kilve beach (representing the origin of life). Refreshments, including our very own & 39;Primordial soup& 39;, will be available.
Evening EVENT 2: At Kilve Court, organised in conjunction with & 39;Music on the Quantocks& 39; we will host our second evening of celebration - a cabaret including longer renditions from many of the acts featured along the Trail : 8pm onwards - meal included.
Monday 27th August: Two morning lectures 10 - 11.30am. Pack up and leave by midday.
By car: M5 junction 23 (Bridgwater) and then follow signs to A39 towards Minehead until you reach Kilve village (30-40mins drive from Bridgwater). Alternatively: come off on at junction 25 (Taunton) and follow signs for town centre and then A358 to Minehead. Turn right onto the A39 signposted Bridgwater at Williton - Kilve village is less than 5 miles away.