New role: Accounting Manager
We're the UK’s #1 crowdfunding platform.
Underpinning our ambition to be the most effective social investment platform in the UK is the commitment to manage our, and other peoples’, money and resources in the most careful and smart way possible.
That's why we are looking for a brilliant Accounting Manager to join our team.
Who we’re looking for:
Crowdfunder’s Accounting Manager will play a critical role, along with the Financial Controller, to lead the accounting and finance operations of the company, and provide leadership to the wider team.
The Accounting Manager will own the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of our accounting system and records, manage a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP and other reporting requirements.
Who we are:
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we!
We are team of committed collaborators who are lucky enough to be able to call this our job. Further, we get to do it in beautiful Cornwall.
We are a team of entrepreneurs and professionals with many decades of experience founding some of the UK’s fastest growing companies, leading some of the UK largest companies, and managing Silicon Valley technology start-ups.
We are united around a common goal.
We would like you to:
- Be responsible for maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support an expanding product offering.
- Assist the finance team to manage and improve current systems, processes, and internal controls in order to put in place all necessary solutions to support reporting, compliance and forecasting.
- Hands-on management of the processes for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports.
- Coordinate and assist with tax and regulatory filings such as annual tax return, R&D Tax Credits, VAT returns.
- Assist with the month-end close process by performing accruals, variance analyses.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organisation’s results. Interface with the leadership team on financial matters as required.
- Assist in the creation of detailed dashboards and ROI analyses.
- Manage relationships with banks and third-party payment processing vendors.
- Perform accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports.
- Assist Controller on expense and cash forecasting and planning.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification or part qualification required (or international equivalent).
- More than three years of accounting/finance experience, including one year’s Accounting Manager experience in internet/eCommerce.
- Demonstrated comfort managing a high volume transaction financial environment in a fast-paced workplace.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a cross-functional work environment.
- The training and mindset of an accountant, the outlook of an entrepreneur.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm for the crowdfunding and fintech industry.
- What you'll get: Competitive salary.
- A supportive, open environment that cultivates authenticity and empowerment.
- An office on the beach.
This is a full time permanent position. Please apply with your CV and a cover note to email@example.com.