Arise City Church is a Progressive Faith Community that is incusive, welcoming & affirming irrespective of your of your age, race, background, gender or sexuality!
We aim to be a group to have a willingness to question the status quo and an acceptance all of God’s diverse children equally, with an emphasis on social justice or care for the poor and the oppressed. We have a deep connection to Christ’s instruction to “love one another” (John 15:17) which leads to a focus on compassion, tolerance and continuing to work towards solving the societal problems of poverty, discrimination and other issues.
Here is what we intend to use the Building:
- A Worship space for ACC (Sunday) and possibly another worship group on Saturday.
- A Study space outside worship hours.
- A Venue that can be hired for events
- A Safespace for LGBT+ Community with regular events
- As well as, do marriage ceremonies for LGBT+ members.
- A Place to start our Philantropic work
- (Feeding the homeless, Allowing them to shower and do laundry, Providing new bags for them, Haircuts and Grooming, Counselling for drug users/mental health/spiritual etc.)
Here is how we plan to renovate the building:
- Acquisition of the Building through a 5 year mortgage
- Temporary Refurbishment
- A stage/altar
- A Computer with at least 2 screens
- Camera with suitable camera equipment (for livestreaming)
- PA System (Microphones & Speakers)
- Internal Refurbishment
- Renovation mezzanine (balcony)
- Sound Proofing