A Family of Threads is a project being run by Paisley Thread Mill Museum as part of the 2017 Year of History, Heritage & Archaeology in Scotland. It has already been partially funded by the HLF: Stories, Stones and Bones fund but we are still £5,000 short in the funding to enable us to do everything we want.
Working with schools, care homes and hospices in Paisley and Renfrewshire we will be
- delivering stitching workshops in schools
- providing talks on the history of thread making in Paisley & Renfrewshire
- providing memory boxes for care homes & hospices to borrow
- creating a Curriculum for Excellence teaching pack for schools on the history of thread making and providing artefact boxes for schools to borrow.
- undertaking an oral history project talking to former employees of J & P Coats/ Coats Group Plc on their memories of the Mills
- curating a travelling exhibition telling the story of thread making in the County
Through this campaign we are seeking funds to support the work with schools and care homes creating stitching packs for each individual that we are working with.