Inspire, Protect and Mobilise
A unique collaboration and World first mission: To build a high performance prototype all terrain electric vehicle (ATV), must be capable of being deployed off the grid to some of the most remote corners of the globe – initially into the Atlantic rainforest of Brazil, assisting education, conservation and preservation projects, replanting the Atlantic rainforest and protecting the environment.
The Green Marine and Green MotorSport are collaborating to deliver this cutting edge, prototype zero-emission electric vehicle, designed to help protect the environment whilst inspiring the next generation whilst. You can help us by mobilising your support for our project here on Crowdfunder.
- INSPIRE: by taking part in the World Advanced Vehicle Expedition (WAVE), attempting another world record and by taking the prototype electric all terrain vehicle (ATV) on an educational tour in the UK.
- PROTECT: by using renewable technology, including our own unique charging devices that enables the vehicle to be charged up from solar or wind power anywhere in the world.
- MOBILISE: by taking part in the WAVE rally across three European countries and documenting and sharing this positive vision of electric cars with school children across the UK. Ultimately, we plan to deploy the ATV in a rainforest reserve in Brazil using it to plant trees and protect the environment.
For the 4th year in a row Green MotorSport will be entering a team in the World Advanced Vehicle Expedition (WAVE), which takes place May 31 to June 7 across Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are entering two cars in WAVE 2014. The lead car is a light-weight, battery-electric, utility vehicle of our own design (also known as an all terrain vehicle or ATV). Powering the car will be the first of a revolutionary new generation of liquid cooled electric motor, coupled with a super-efficient liquid cooled vector control system.
The all terrain vehicle (ATV) has been specifically designed for high performance, reliability and with a rugged drive train. This means the vehicle and future models can be deployed into wild and remote locations, where they can be used for a variety of solutions, including scientific research, fire & rescue, conservation and farming. They can also be powered "off the grid" using 100% renewable energy sources such as solar or wind.
The 2nd car we are taking to WAVE 2014 is a production Mitsubishi electric car, which will serve as the support car for the ATV while also promoting electric cars as a viable alternative for everyday use.
Help us Innovate, Power-Up and Move!
The objective of WAVE is to promote high performance electric mobility running on renewable energy and, thus help support a transition to a ‘green economy’ independent of fossil fuels.
The Green Marine is collaborating with Green MotorSport to: (1) make the WAVE Team GB expedition a success, (2) increase awareness in the UK, especially with school aged children and (3) develop a wider network of people, organisations and companies that share the same vision of positive change.
We need your support so that we can:
- INNOVATE: road test our prototype light-weight utility vehicle designed and built in the UK.
- POWER-UP: buy two computer controlled charging units for the ATV.
- MOVE: attempt another world record at the 2014 World Advanced Vehicle Expedition (WAVE) rally.
We have already raised funds to build the car, travel and enter the competition. But we still need additional funds for two important elements of the project. We will use the funds raised here for two things, one is mission critical and one is post mission inspirational!
1. PURCHASE: two state of the art computer controlled charging systems for the ATV - which cost £2k each (£4k total). These chargers will allow us to charge the new light-weight battery arrays efficiently and quickly, and also save massive weight in the car as compared to standard charging systems. We need two so we can charge both battery arrays at the same time and have a back-up in case one stops working while on the road.
2. DEVELOP and DELIVER: an electric vehicle awareness programme for children in the UK. We want to inspire and share our knowledge with the next generation - through fun, learning and action. This will allow us to increase awareness and interest in electric and green car technology, which will inspire children to think innovatively and sustainably, develop 21st century skills and exciting future career opportunities.
The educational programme in the UK will included: (1) showing that electric cars can be fun and exciting by taking the ATV on an educational schools tour, (2) highlighting the new career opportunities that exist around green technology, (3) integrating electric vehicle awareness as part of a country wide road safety campaign. In addition to the tour and road safety campaign, we will develop a set of web based resources that will be freely available to children, parents and teachers.
Gordon Foat, Founder of Green MotorSport: Gordon is the WAVE Team GB leader and designed and built our prototype electric ATV. He will be the lead driver and has already successfully WAVE three times, including 2013 where he was part of a new world record*! [*Formally confirmed by The Guinness Book of Records as the 'largest parade of electric vehicles'!]
David Pye, Founder of The Green Marine: David is an award winning transport planner, the creator of ‘WOW’ (Walk on Wednesday - which still inspires millions of UK schools kids to walk every week), he also played a huge role in developing the Walking Bus and setting best practice for school travel across the UK.
Dylan Fuller, The Green Marine: Dylan is the digital lead looking after operations and project coordination. He brings more than 20 years global technology experience to the team.
Brian Orr, MD EV Matters Ltd: Brian is driving the 2nd / support car. He recently completed the Highland Charge in the Mitsubushi iMiev (WAVE Team GB car No 2), which is on a wider tour round UK to promote the WAVE ideals and to raise funds for Help for Heroes.
Leora Rosner, Founder Growing Air Foundation: Leora will be the co-pilot in the ATV with Gordon. She heads up the Growing Air Foundation, which is our collaborator in the deploying the ATV in the Atlantic rainforest of Brazil where it will be used to help replant the forest and protect the environment.
In addition to Gordon, Brian, Leora, Dave and Dylan we also have a great support team in place helping navigate and help us while out on the road at WAVE. Plus a long list of sponsors, volunteers, supporters and suppliers - all working hard to ensure this project is successful.
[*** selection of colours and sizes available + international shipping ***]
We have put together a set of limited edition rewards to say Thank You for supporting our project. Our vision is to always provide ethical and environmentally friendly rewards and experiences.
On the right-hand side of this page you can see the different rewards available. The t-shirts and hoodies are produced in partnership with Rapanui Clothing based on the Isle of Wight. These are 5 star quality, human ethical and 100% organic cotton - 'traceability from seed to shop'. More info on Rapanui's sustainability creds can be found here: http://www.rapanuiclothing.com/ethical-fashion
COLOURS / SIZES: We will offer a handful of colours to choose from and will have both kid and adult sizes available for the t-shirts and hoodies. We will contact you to choose the colour(s) and size(s) before we ship. Look out for updates on this page in the coming days when we have finalised the colour range with Rapanui.
LOGOs: You will have the choice of either just 'The Green Marine' logo on your clothing (see images above) or choose our super limited edition WAVE 2014 t-shits / hoodies that will feature a combination of the The Green Marine, Green MotorSport and WAVE logos to celebrate the event.
DESIGN YOUR OWN REWARD: If you want to know more about the rewards or want to "Design Your Own" please use the send message button, let us know your question or what you might like and how much you can pledge, and we will do our best to accommodate your ideas.
*** YES - INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE (outside the UK) ***: if you want your rewards shipped outside the UK, please add £15 for t-shirts and £30 for hoodies to your pledge.
Additional Reward Details: The summer party will be held in London in late June - watch for updates and more details later in May. The electric car driving experience will take place in Woking, Surrey at a date to be agreed with backers.
It's your world. Are you strong enough? Please make your pledge.
- Green MotorSport
- The Green Marine
- Growing Air Foundation
- Official WAVE site
- Video extra 1: Great 'from the air' HD Video of WAVE 2013
- Video extra 2: World Record start with voice over from our own Gordon Foat
Video Below: Recap of WAVE 2013.