For over 30 years Beverley Folk Festival - a not-for-profit organisation which relies heavily on volunteers - has been producing an annual weekend event to be remembered.
Offering the best new music performers alongside some of the greatest established acts, it's a local festival with national, and international, appeal set in a family friendly environment.
This year’s festival takes place from June 20-22 at Beverley Racecourse with a musical line-up including Billy Bragg, Martin Carthy & Eliza Carthy, Chas & Dave, Home Service, Lau and Thea Gilmore. In recent years, we have expanded to also encompass poetry, comedy, film, drama, literature and storytelling.
However, major acts are only a part of the work we do.
Why we need your help
We have teamed up with CrowdFunder with the aim of raising £3,200 to continue the staging of a programme of free events at this year’s festival, including:
- Free entry to the festival village, giving visitors the opportunity to enjoy a taste of the festival vibe, explore the stalls and sample the atmosphere
- Fun and creative activities in The Den, our children’s marquee
- The Westwood Sessions - a free drop in practice and performance venue for young musicians age 11-18
- Free performances from selected artists on the Festival Green stage and across Beverley town centre
In these difficult times for art funding, we need additional revenue to allow us to continue offering these events and activities to all our visitors free of charge.
What we believe in
Beverley Folk Festival is a not-for-profit organisation run by a small and dedicated group of professionals, supported by a loyal team of volunteers. We believe in supporting our local community and, though we may have global appeal, our roots remain firmly planted in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
We believe our festival should:
- Provide a friendly welcoming environment that all can enjoy, irrespective of age or social background.
- Present a top quality programme of cultural events and activities featuring leading national and international artists.
- Provide a platform and opportunities for local and emerging artists.
- Support the region's businesses by sourcing products and services locally.
- Be environmentally aware with the aid of our dedicated Green Team
- Work with local community groups and schools through our Outreach Programme.
- Promote a range of cultural events across the wider region throughout the year.
- We actively promote our region and tourism, recently winning recognition for this by winning a REYTA (Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Award) in the Remarkable Tourism Event or Experience Category.
Thank you for reading this appeal, we hope you will able to help us in our wish to maintain our free events, children's and youth areas and our continuing ambition to provide a flagship event in East Yorkshire.