233 Miles is the first ever Graphic Design Festival, showcasing work by students of Plymouth University, in London. Running from Monday 6th July to Friday 10th July and hosted by the generous Pearlfisher design studio, 233 Miles will be a show like no other.
Who else will be making the distance?
Alongside the work of 25 students, we will also be hosting a series of free, yes FREE, lunch time talks, throughout the week from prolific designers.
Confirmed guests include:
- The godfather of letterpress, Alan Kitching.
- The infamous design writer and founder of Unit Editions Adrian Shaughnessy.
- The eight time D&AD Pencil winner and founder of Johnson Banks, Michael Johnson.
Bringing you closer to the festival.
Your contribution to 233 Miles will go a long way (literally). Reaching our £1500 target will help towards covering the cost of the event, including transportation and equipment costs, catering services, printing and postage of promotional materials and to bring in more amazing guest speakers.
To say a huge thank you for being a part of 233 Miles and getting the students one step closer to London, there are some amazing rewards on offer:
- Limited edition originally designed printed posters and postcards by the students.
- A copy of the latest Computer Arts or Eye Magazine.
- A 1 year subscription to Computer Arts.
- A letterpress print produced and signed by Alan Kitching himself!
Why are people making the journey?
This one of a kind design festival is a platform to exhibit the best design work that Plymouth University's students have to offer to potential employers in London. This festival will kickstart their careers in arguably the world's greatest city for design. Not only this, but big name speakers will draw in the crowds and make 233 Miles an event not to be missed. From here 233 Miles can only get bigger!
Get 233 Miles across the country
Don't forget to spread the word! For more information and to help share our event:
Visit our Websitewww.233miles.co.uk
Like us on Facebook233Miles
Tweet us on Twitter@233Miles
Follow us on Instagram@233Miles